Welcoming September

with a 30-Day Film Challenge!

Basically, it's just like this...

For everyday of the month, I shall post something for the appropriate category given --all in the cinema field, or else it won't be titled '30-Day Film Challenge'--, and the categories can be seen here.


Excited? You bet I am.

And so for Day #1, my favourite film (ever? or just currently?) is...

this.

Because I like the characterizations of Scarlett, Rhett, Ashley and Melanie altogether. It's the best ever. And not forgetting the rest supporting characters (like Mammy!) And I love the plot and the conflict and how it all ruled out. I loooove it to bits. Then there's the amazing theme and costumes and interesting behind-the-scene stories like this one (which made the film more appealing for me) and the settings. I've been watching this film on repeat these past few months.... I'm afraid I'm giving a little too much damn about it.

And to salute August goodbye, here's the list of films I've watched the previous month (some I've watched two or three times before, but I watched again because I was either bored or too much in love with the movie). In other words, my film journal has largely developed! But still nowhere near perfect.

In August, I watched...

  1. Barkleys of Broadway (1949) dir. Charles Walters
  2. Beetlejuice (1988) dir. Tim Burton
  3. Blonde Crazy (1931) (currently a favourite) dir. Roy Del Ruth
  4. Easter Parade (1948) dir. Charles Walters
  5. Singin' In the Rain (1952) (definitely the best happy film for me) dir. Stanley Donen
  6. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (2011) dir. David Yates
  7. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009) dir. David Yates
  8. Modern Times (1936)* dir. Charlie Chaplin
  9. Sherlock Jr. (1924) dir. Buster Keaton
  10. Gone with the Wind (1939)* dir. Victor Fleming
  11. Cleopatra (1963) dir. Joseph L. Mankiewicz
  12. Airplane! (1980) dir. Jim Abrahams, David Zucker
  13. Reversal of Fortune (1990) dir. Barbet Schroeder
  14. Schindler's List (1993)* dir. Steven Spielberg
  15. Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988) dir. Robert Zemeckis
  16. The Apartment (1960) dir. Billy Wilder
  17. The Blue Dahlia (1946) dir. George Marshall
  18. Footlight Parade (1933) dir. Lloyd Bacon
  19. 1941 (1979) dir. Steven Spielberg
  20. The Story of Vernon and Irene Castle (1939) dir. H.C. Potter
  21. A Passage To India (1984) (in which I dislike Adela Quested very much) dir. David Lean
  22. The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957) dir. David Lean
  23. Breakfast At Tiffany's (1961)* (the gazillionth time I've watched this) dir. Blake Edwards
  24. Casablanca (1942)* dir. Michael Curtiz
  25. Ghostbusters (1984) dir. Ivan Reitman
  26. The Glass Key (1942) dir. Stuart Heisler
* repeat watching because I love the film

No comments:

Post a Comment